I provide leadership development, team building and conflict engagement services.
I work with individuals, teams and organizations to create opportunities for learning and inspired results by helping them gain knowledge, self-awareness and best-practice skills.
I use this approach as a consultant designing change interventions for non-profit and corporate clients; as a training specialist facilitating classroom experiences for employees and managers; and as a mediator helping disputants find common ground.
For many years, I explored the power of poetry to teach leadership and team-building skills to MBA students and business professionals. I have designed innovative classroom and online training solutions for employees, managers, and leaders across corporate, government and non-profit agencies.
My whole-systems approach to design and delivery addresses the complex nature of employee, management, and leadership development issues. Fields of inquiry that influence my work include systems thinking, creativity and innovation, appreciative inquiry, and conflict and communication theory.
- Certified mediator affiliated with the following organizations:
- King County Alternative Dispute Resolution Inter-local Conflict Resolution Group
- Federal Executive Board
- Kitsap County Dispute Resolution Center
- Certified Crucial Conversations instructor for VitalSmarts
- Certified Influencer instructor for VitalSmarts
- Certified trainer for Anti-Defamation League’s A Classroom of Difference anti-bias and diversity training
- Certified Learning Architect trainer.
- Master of Arts in Whole Systems Design
Professional and Civic Groups
- Bainbridge Island Arts & Humanity Council Board Member 2011-2016, President of the Board 2015
- Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island. Member 2009-2013.
- Washington Mediation Association Board Member 2008-2010.
- ASTD Board member 2005-2008: VP of Programs for ASTD Puget Sound chapter 2007-2008