Career Strategy Workshop
Internal Microsoft offering. Gain the information and access to tools that help you create an effective career and development plan. This one-day workshop helps you gain confidence and ability to manage your own career development, create opportunities and have meaningful development conversations with your manager. You will:
- Learn a framework for planning your career
- Explore career options
- Complete a self-assessment that reveals your interests, abilities, motivations, values and work-culture preferences
- Consider industry trends, mentoring and networking as tools for development
- Identify a vision for your career and develop a plan to get there.
Coaching for Career Development
Internal Microsoft offering. One of the most powerful ways Managers achieve results through others is by adopting a coaching approach with their direct reports. You can use coaching skills to help others access their potential and maximize their performance. This approach involves using skill to help others raise self-awareness and self-motivation; and to take responsibility for their own learning and development. You will:
- Learn about the attributes of an effective coach
- Practice coaching skills: questioning, listening, non-judemental mindset
- Learn a model for coaching individuals
- Practice your coaching skills using the coaching model.
Smart Interviewing at Microsoft
Internal Microsoft offering. This course provides foundational knowledge of Microsoft’s interviewing practices and processes and helps participants develop effective interviewing skills. This one day course prepares you to:
- Interview and assess candidates for positions at Microsoft according to selection best practices and the interviewing process at Microsoft.
- Conduct effective interviews
- Partner with the hiring manager and the interview team to ensure a successful interview process
- Create an impressive experience for candidates
- Sell the candidate on why Microsoft is a great place to work.