Building a Culture of Learning: Sharing feedback for better results
This one day interactive workshop provides a framework for holding feedback conversations that promote learning and continual performance improvement. Feedback is most effective when shared as an ongoing practice between willing participants. We’ll look at how perceptions of power and risk impact people’s desire to honestly share their feedback. We’ll discover how best to invite others to share their honest feedback in ways that build stronger relationships and get better results. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn a framework for sharing feedback that minimizes resistance and maximizes learning.
- Recognize the signs that others are feeling unsafe and what is needed to restore trust and respect.
- Discern observations from judgments, and learn how to share both kinds of information for best results.
- Explore what motivates and enables behaviors.
- Create a plan for giving feedback
- Practice feedback conversations.
Influence at Work: Getting Things Done Without Authority
Have you ever tried to make someone do something they don’t want to do? Why do they resist what so clearly would benefit you, them, and the company? One of the greatest capacities we possess as human beings is our ability to influence others. Yet so often, we fail at getting people on board, especially when we don’t have authority to make it happen. Whether you need others to contribute content or attend a meeting, collaborate across groups in pursuit of a client, or view you as a strategic ally rather than a tactical set of hands, your success depends on your ability to influence the behaviors of others. In this interactive workshop, you will:
- Explore the meaning of influence;
- Tap into the power of learning and leading when you lack the power of authority;
- Transform resistance into collaborative problem-solving, improved relationships, and desired results;
- Increase your level of preparedness and confidence influencing others.
Consulting for Effective Change
Internal Microsoft offering. Change management is a comprehensive effort to lead a team or organization through the change process. The change effort must be actively led and and managed with a clear set of objectives and a collaborative plan for achieving these objectives. Managing change helps ensure that employees are properly engaged and informed throughout the change process. In this one day class, you will:
- Define the triggers/causes of organizational change
- Identify various elements of change and their impact on successful change initiatives
- Clarify your role consulting throughout the change process with your clients
- Apply tools to enhance the success of real-world change initiatives.
Realizing Your Potential: Creativity & Innovation @ Work
This two-day course provides you with knowledge, tools and support for tapping into your creativity as a resource for innovation within your work and life. Through experiential exercises, you will connect your authentic voice with your personal and professional aspirations, develop self-awareness as a leader, learn processes for constructive dialogue, and unleash the potential within you and your organization.
- Understand the strategic role of creativity and innovation.
- Develop critical thinking skills through imaginative exploration, questioning, and investigating how we know what we know through multiple intelligences.
- Use literary, visual, and physical arts to expand your ideas of what is possible
- Clarify personal and professional growth and create a development plan.
- Identify time-wasters and energy-suckers that limit individual and organizational potential.
- Understand the fundamentals of creating learning organizations.
- Increase the joy you have in your work and in your life.